In 1947, the City of Vero Beach donated a 1/2 block property to the newly formed Vero Beach Veterans with the stipulation that it would be controlled by local veterans and not a national entity. The leaders of the organization decided it would be a fraternal organization; Patriotic, Historical, Educational; to strengthen Comradeship among it’s members; to assist with the worthy; to maintain allegiance to the United States of America; and preserve and defend the United States from all enemies.
In 1988, the facility was constructed. All licensing and legal requirements were met and the “V” was opened. Social membership is welcome (non-veterans), but “Social Members” do not have Voting rights.
The “V” has helped numerous organizations, including Scout Troops, The Marine Corps League, Korean War Veterans, Vietnam Veterans, The Order of the Purple Heart, D.A.V., Italian American War Veterans, The V.F.W. and the Veterans Council of Indian River County. Much has been done to assist our local Vets, as well as many Non-Veteran causes in Vero Beach.
Ready to become a member?